From July 14 through August 31, 2016, ten French municipalities are offering the public free open-air screenings of performances recorded at the Paris Opera: this year's programme includes Carmen (Georges Bizet), The Barber of Seville (Gioachino Rossini) and Aida (Giuseppe Verdi) as well as the ballets The Sleeping Beauty and the Robbins / Millepied / Balanchine.
For several years now, the “Summer Opera” programme has organised the screening of pre-recorded operas and ballets from the Palais Garnier and Opéra Bastille in municipalities that request it. For the Paris Opera, the initiative offers an original and popular means of broadcasting the works of the grand repertoire whilst ensuring the strictest demands of quality (HD sound and image, giant screen…).
The participating municipalities in the 2016 Summer Opera programme:
· Quéven (Morbihan) will be screening Carmen on July 23, 2016
· Mandelieu-La Napoule (Alpes-Maritimes) will be screening Carmen on July 20, 2016 and The Sleeping Beauty on August 24, 2016
· Joigny (Yonne) will be screening Carmen on August 05, 2016
· Saint-Pierre (Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon) will be screening Carmen on August 22, 2016
· Châtillon-sur-Seine (Côte-d’Or) will be screening The Barber of Seville on August 17, 2016
· Guémené-sur-Scorff (Morbihan) will be screening Carmen on August 12, 2016
· Élancourt (Yvelines) will be screening Carmen on July 22, 2016
· Esquibien (Finistère) will be screening Carmen on July 23, 2016 and The Barber of Seville on August 07, 2016
· Sanary-sur-Mer (Var) will be screening Aida on July 11, 2016 and The Sleeping Beauty on July 12, 2016
· Grenoble (Isère) will be screening The Barber of Seville on August 24, 2016 and Robbins / Balanchine / Millepied on August 31, 2016