Since March 14, Palais Garnier visits have been completely suspended due to the health crisis. Given the improvement in the situation and the gradual relaxation of government measures with regard to welcoming visitors to cultural venues, the Palais Garnier will gradually reopen to visitors as of Monday 22 June at 10 a.m. In order to guarantee visitors and Paris Opera staff all necessary safety conditions, reception arrangements and hygiene procedures will be introduced in compliance with government regulations.
Reception procedures and guidelines for visitors
- Opening hours are as follows: from 10 am to 6 pm (last visitors admitted at 5 pm).
- Rates: €12 (normal rate), €8 (reduced rate), free of charge (children under 12, unemployed...).
- All customarily accessible areas will be open, with signs identifying the most congested areas requiring separate visitor lanes and distinct entry and exit points. Advance booking will be mandatory in order to facilitate the management of visitor streams in 15-minute slots; a maximum number of 100 admissions per hour is initially planned, a quota that may increase as the health situation develops.
- Online purchases are preferable: reservations will open on Monday 15 June on operadeparis.fr, or by telephone: 0892899090 ( €0.35 incl. tax per minute).
- Visitors with tickets purchased before March 14 may come directly to the site to join visits.
Hygiene procedures and instructions for visitors
- Visitors aged 11 and over are required to bring and wear a mask and to respect the protective and physical distancing measures in force throughout their visit.
- A temperature check will be carried out at the entrance.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and at several points on the site.
- Cloakrooms will not be accessible and some seats or benches will be inaccessible.
The Palais Garnier bookshop-boutique and the Devialet space (devialet.com) will also be open during visiting opening hours. CoCo, the Palais Garnier's restaurant, reopened on Thursday 4 June, with access limited to the terrace (information and reservations: coco-paris.com).