In January, with the support of AROP, the Paris Opera is organising the institution's first auction, "Auction for Action, Bid for Creation", the proceeds of which will be donated to the Opera, in favour of creation and access for all to music and dance.
This unique auction is one of the initiatives of the "Mon Opéra Responsable et Engagé" sponsorship campaign. The funds raised will be used to continue and to extend all the actions aimed at the younger generation: offers for the under 28s, families, the Opera's educational programmes, etc.
Contemporary artworks and collectors' items have been gathered, all generously donated by artists, collectors, gallery owners, partners and patrons, for this exceptional event. Many prizes and experiences will be linked to the Paris Opera, its artists and theatres, such as costumes from opera or ballet productions, a day with Étoile Dancer Hugo Marchand, or with Musical Director Gustavo Dudamel, or a dinner with Ludovic Tézier and Michelin-starred chef Mauro Colagreco.
The hundred or so prizes assembled will also feature:
- photos by Hiroshi Sugimoto and Clément Cogitore;
- works by Tino Sehgal, Anselm Kiefer, Jenny Saville, Christo, Claude Lalanne and Giulia Andreani;
- a recital by Sophie Calle;
- a painting created for the occasion by Jean Claracq;
- a Rolex Cosmograph Daytona;
- a unique piece from the House of Chanel;
- a fine wine from Château Mouton Rothschild;
- and a Paris Opera limited edition LEXUS hybrid vehicle...
An online sale will take place from 23rd to 31st January on Sotheby's website
A dinner-sale bringing together the most important lots (estimated at more than 30 000 €) will be organised on January 30th in the Grand Foyer of the Palais Garnier. You can contact AROP at the address below if you wish to attend this dinner.